February 28, 2012

You ARE Clinging to Something.....Discern!

....... Yet God does not take away life, but plans ways so that the banished one will not be cast out from him.
 
The more I SEE myself with clarity....
The more I Discern my ways.....
The more I Define my character....
The more temptation I have to flee!
 
When I take my eyes off the lesser things, which I am one of those in my "self", to cast my gaze upon His perfection I find the reason that Peter looked away when Christ came through the court yard being lead to take responsibility for all humanities purposeful lack of harmony.
 
I believe this is one of the reason we are only able to have a glimpse of things here and there.  The intensity of truth shines with such purity that all the evil within our heart and mind starts to scurry about, close the binds, windows and doors in order to NOT be CAST AWAY.  They like their hidden life within the safety of His life.  They know what is coming and they know He will not hold back. So they CLING to every moment of goodness in hopes of not loosing their host home.
 
We're going to take a stroll today through a working field.  The first thing I want you to see is the plow amidst an over grown abandoned plot of farm land.  Let's walk up to it.  Reach out and lay your hand on the rough wood of the handle.  It is weathered from not being taken care of.  Wrap both your hands around each arm of the plow.  Give it a push because the weeds have grown up over the blades. 
 
As you move a bit forward you can see if you keep it straight enough you are uncovering a path from the prior worker being exposed.  But your blade keeps hitting clumps and rock which are reeking havoc on your muscles.  You stop to look around for someone else to take turns with but you see no one
 
After 3 hours and not moving more than 1 row you walk away to ponder how you might hire someone to do this because you see the good in the field, but you don't feel fit for this part of the job. 
 
Although, there is nothing wrong with this scenario I want us to  compare a few scriptures for laying God's pathway to understanding. 
 
 
Luke 9:62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God".
1 Corinthians 9:10 Don't you think his concern extends to us? Of course. Farmers plow and thresh expecting something when the crop comes in.
Jeremiah 23:39 "Therefore behold, I will surely forget you and cast you away from My presence, along with the city which I gave you and your fathers.
 
Yesterday we spoke about not casting away our confidence.  God tells us to cling to our hope.  Reflect on your notes from the Deeply Series, Stones of Provision.  (again, if you need those just let us know)
 
We spoke Friday about our faith.  Recall what your faith is in, if you can grab it with your physical hand then discern for yourself that you have taken your hand off the plow.  The rest of that verse is speaking of being fit to receive "after you have done the will of God".
 
Now YOU must SEE for yourself, YOUR self...... 
Now You must Discern , YOUR ways......
Now You must Define, YOUR character....
Castaway all which is less than above.
 
I pray you pause to count the cost, your fitness and your maturity.  That you patiently wait for His wise ancient path to be revealed. All the while keeping your hope firmly clutched in the palm of your hands.  I earnestly pray that you not look back to your own strength, but remember all that is waiting for you to arrive.
Seek First His Kingdom along His pathway, for on this way alone His angels take charge.  Know with your faith they will cast all stone away from you, believe you are safe in His Hand.
 
I believe all this and know there is so much I cannot comprehend yet.  But I cannot believe enough for you - You alone are the master of your fate - I pray you through Him you Master your Way.
 
IN the free will of His Liberty; BE Life
Candace
 
 
Original Copyright 2006 ©Candace Huffmaster 2012, All Copyrights Reserved
Kaleidoscope Butterfly, Inc™
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.