July 26, 2012

The Mind of Christ

The Mind of Christ

To start off today, let’s review a few of our latest topics: peace ,rest, casting down false imagination, knowledge of what is good and what is evil, growing in understanding and experience (just to name a few). If you cannot recall or would like to refresh your memory, simply click on the word and it will show you archives on the page that it opens on to. Once you close that tab it will bring you back to this page. 

Christ spoke often, as did the disciples, about false teachers, misunderstanding and all sorts of deception. We're going to look at how our thoughts and misunderstanding or limited comprehension of passages can lead us away from God's best choices for us. As I see it, there's always a minimum of two choices before us. Usually it is more accurately a buffet of options; we, however look at the spread with the attitude of a finicky child. I recall a several year stint of saying, in reference to my youngest child's eating pattern, "right now my goal is to sustain life," and I would laugh. But it was a true statement. I knew that in time his taste would change as he matured.

God as parent is no different. His top priority is in sustaining our life, in order that we may have the opportunity to be all we were created to be. Do we really believe that statement?  Well, we should after all that is why He has allowed His body to suffer, agonize, die and resurrect.  We can’t possibly believe it was simply because it was fun for Him, can we?  And yet, our time here on earth is spent chasing happiness and fun.  Although that is a gross generalization, it is also fairly accurate on most days, for most of us.

When we run into conflict or discomfort the happiness is hindered and hindered happiness can be quiet the fun sucker to our moments.  How childish of us, and believe me when I say I am including myself in these comments.  But here again I must bring up the point that I do not believe Christ was doing the happy dance at many times and I cannot imagine larger fun sucker than the angry mobs and demons who were constantly chasing Him down.

We have a whole book that is attempting to give us the opportunity to get inside Christ head and to look into God’s heart.  Today I am going to leave you with two verses to meditate on.  Sit with them and pray for God to sit with you as you site with Him.

The thief comes not, but to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

My son, forget not my law, but let your heart keep my commandments.  For length of days and long life, and peace, shall they add to you.

In Christ Name be all He created you to be, take even one small step today.
Kisses,
Candace


©Candace Huffmaster, 2012 All Copy Rights Reserved
Kaleidsocopt Butterfly, Inc™
Appreciation to Felicia Scott for editing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.