April 16, 2024

People, Circumstances, Logic and Peace


When we truly believe and have faith in the promise of our eternity being clutched in the strong, righteous, loving, just and faithful Lord God Almighty will we really live in peace, no matter what is imploring us to release it? 

 Obviously, we would like there to be an easy yes or no answer.  However, there is a tremendous journey, across treacherous terrine, to discover our individual final answer. Do you think the answer is more fluid than constant?  We desire our peace to be this steady, however peace is only as stable as whatever secures it.  If we have peace of this world, it is dependent upon us, and all various people and circumstances. If it is the peace of God, He secures us.  Our ability to trust and stand firm is secured to what we know, believe and trust. And yet we're told to live by faith not by sight. If all I have securing my peace is what I see, hear, feel around me, I would be overwhelmed when feeling pressures, difficulties, hardships, or pain. In these same type moments, when I begin with God's truth and my faith, my viewpoint begins with hope and connectivity.  

 What about when things are begging you to let go of peace and God feels as though He's left the building, or planet?  That feeling of having no space, yet too much space between me and God. n times such as these, I think about how long ago in the distant past God created life. And from where I am, in that moment, eternity with Him seems like a fairy tale.  Yet here I am!  And I know He is real, as real as what I am feeling in the present. Then I picture a bridge coming up to me from creation and one out from me leading toward tomorrow. It is here where I feel so small and God feels so BIG! 

 If I think about the words of Christ, He promised that His kingdom was at hand.  God's word tells us Christ left the world in order that we could have His eternal Spirit present within us, right here.  2 Corinthians 5:5 Now He who prepared us for this very purpose gave to us the Spirit as a pledge".  So, we believe He is not far away out there somewhere. For the beliefs, we have to become faith, we need to have experiences. And when we experience that His truth is real it becomes trust. It is this trust we’re building that bridges us to Him and other believers. 

 Maybe rather than seeking black and white answers, we view these matters as our preparation. It is my hope that we enter each experience believing the Spirit is within us as God pledged and trust in His purposes for whatever is happening. 

 Another creative thought I have, which probably isn't theological, which gives me peace, is thinking of God outside of linear time. Then picturing Him gazing upon all our fluid pieces as if watching the shifting shapes within a kaleidoscope. I instantly become more relaxed and less focused on the troubles. When He is in my thoughts, His peace is allowed to secure me.  

Moving With the Spirit within us takes His power, not ours.  And knowing, or believing, that truth is not the same as abiding in the Spirit.  Yet, God see's us, understands our struggles and loves us in all the same.  

 I am so grateful for His mercy and grace to continue homeward.

 Read 2 Corinthians chapters 4 and 5. Share your thoughts with us all, please.

In Christ,

Candace 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.