August 15, 2013

Wise Counsel

Many times I need someone wiser than myself to communicate with about things. I am beyond the point in life where I am seeking the plethora of opinions; I want wisdom.  I want someone who has experiential knowledge - they have taken a step on that stone themselves and found it to be sturdy. 

All information is subject to change until it gets us through to the other side of something.  Which means, we must do a lot of discovery before taking that trusted "step" of faith.  It is in the "doing" where our best thoughts in action either debunk or qualify if it is knowledge or wisdom. 

Romans 10:3 speaks of people stacking ideas and forming concepts without realistic understanding:

They don't understand [how to receive] God's approval. So they try to set up their own way to get it, and they have not accepted God's way for receiving his approval.

The reason I am bringing these topics up is to be sure that we even know what we think about what we think.  Otherwise we will not be able to clearly discern what God's Righteous Warrior looks and acts like. We do not want to be as the person 2 Timothy speaks about:  always studying but never able to come to the knowledge of "truth".

Where is a wise man.....I do not know for sure.  Where can we find one......I cannot say for sure? One this I can say with all assurance, I trust when a person speaks from God's point of view and allows me the liberty to prayerfully take it to the Lord without becoming offended.  In my opinion, this is a wise person.  (Note to self - could this be what a Righteous Warrior acts like?)


I learned quiet a bit about my own opinions and lack of experiential knowledge, over the years, from wise people whom God entrusted to write for Him.  Isaiah was one such person.  He wrote:

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine."

I pray that what we attempt to imagine is that the Lord wants us to know HIS thoughts.  And then that we take that brave step to debunk or confirm what we perceive to be of the Lord God Almighty.

Today, I wrote this which helped me write what was above.  Enjoy your day.....it's a wonderful gift!

Kisses,
Candace

A Praise in Prose


I thank you for your wise counsel
For I know not what I even do
You are my God, most holy
Your ways are always right and true
 

So many moments always passing
Like days they come and they go
My thoughts can become convoluted
My hope as if flying from view
 

Speak of your ways everlasting
Let me close my eyes; seek your face
Hear tales, from the mouth of the Master
The writer, the seer who propels 

In your stories all things come together
I drift off in peace as I hear
There is no force which is greater
No enemy you don't overtake
 

O please, keep whispering these treasures
They are too wondrous to bind from my ears
Fill the pages of my life lines
Continue to rise up what is past
 

Through life there is time everlasting
Through you there’s a memory of all
Through Christ I may come and Be with you
May that power be seen as you lead.

 

 

 

© Candace Huffmaster 2013, All Copy Rights Reserved
Kaleidoscope Butterfly, Inc°

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.