June 14, 2012

Liberty, Free Will...Fear

This month has given me many wonderful opportunities to glean understanding in regard to free will and liberty.  Just when I thought I understood both concepts to the fullest, another door was before me begging these questions: "Will you turn the handle?" "Will you turn away?" "Will you take a step of faith, release your your thoughts to take mine?"  "Will you pass through the doorway and let go of all you left on the other side?"

What choices do we have in relation to a closed door in front of us?  I'm sure we're listing the obvious:  stand staring, sit down at it, turn and go the other way, OR have a new experience beyond it.  As for me, I have lived a life of going through the doorways.  Sometimes it takes a bit before I muster up what ever it is that enables me to grab the handle.  At times, my palms are so sweaty the handle won't turn all the way the first attempt.  Sometimes, I trip through it (okay many times I trip through it, which is why I loved the opening of the Dick Van Dyke Show.  I have a lot of Rob's awkwardness in me) Other times, I fall flat on my face because I couldn't catch my balance from tripping. Usually, if none of those took place and I made it through, I seem to just pause.  I'm sure this is  probably due to the prior shocking experiences, and I am just surprised that I'm there and standing.  But look, I have proof, I am here in one piece and typing away! 

As we've discussed many times, each moment is simply another experience.  There truly are no unusable ones.  It is not about being good or bad - it's about growth, maturity, having something to share with others in their time of need.  No one needs another person filled with knowledge but no skills in application.  We need people who have really messed up and know how to "get back up again" as Toby Mac sings, RIGHT?
As "they" say the only person who hasn't made mistakes is the person who never does anything - but in my opinion "there" IS their mistake!  So no one gets out of this life without one ;)


Which brings me to our topic, Fear.  We say fear is normal, but is it?  I want you to review the things we've been discussing so far.  Really, think about your fears.  Ask yourself, what is each fears purpose - because each of them has one.  We will talk more about this over the next few weeks.  Today, click these links and ponder a few sentences, scriptures, songs - what ever you feel led into.  It's only a doorway, remember this quote we discussed :

"I can throw open to you no picture gallery but your own soul. All I can give you is the opportunity, the impulse, the key. I can help you to make your own world visible. That is all". ~ excerpt from Steppenwolf

A very dear friend went to see the movie Tangled and said the character reminded her of me.  After seeing it I asked her why (not that I couldn't imagine many places which were obvious mind you).  She told me it was this scene. 



So, as you can see by this video clip, my description above about doors isn't out of character for me.  Where Christ is there is liberty, however, where human beings are there is coercion, manipulation and restraint of free will.  Are free will and liberty synonomous?  I am not going to answer that because I want you to come to your own valuable understanding of these topics.

Think on all this and we will take is one small bit at a time. 



There is such a disconnect within the body of Christ. There is so much self preservation, due to fear. His word tells us that there is no fear in love. His love casts out fear.

As I was thinking about all this yesterday I was very aware of how much we trust in our fear - to the point of paralyzing our selves. This is such bondage, and we are so used to it that we are unaware.

I pray for us all, that as we trust more in Christ to hold us in the palm of His hand and step out in the way He has prepare for us - that we will break free from the bondage and into His freedom. As He stated in 2 Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom).

In Christ, With Love
Kisses ~ Candace


©Candace Huffmaster, 2012  All Copy Rights Reserved
Kaleidoscope Butterfly, Inc™



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.