James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
If we think about this verse in James we see that God gives good and perfect gifts. We know that His word tells us sometimes we do not choose “His best”. We also know that God said even evil men can give good gifts. Be aware, Satan also gives gifts; all his gifts are evil for the purpose of destruction. He came to kill steal and destroy, therefore he gives in the spirit of fear.
If both gifts are being extended which will we choose? Will we be able to discern? Absolutely everything that we have came from somewhere; someone before us. Think about it: There are NO self made people. Some people want to tout “I got here by myself”, “no one helped me”. We have to realize that even in the bleakest of situations, the truth is, without someone sustaining your conception, carrying you to full term and giving you the bare necessities for a period of time, you would not be here. But it didn't start there; before that, all things came from God and through Christ or they do not exist. (John 1:3)
We have been studying 2 Timothy 1:7 this and last week: For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Below I am pasting the definition of the Greek word Dunamis, which is where we get our work dynamite. But in the verse above it is translated to mean power. This is only one of the three qualities of God’s gift. It has three sides just as a triangle: power, love, sound mind. In case you are speed reading let me connect those 3 pieces for you:
· Power / Love / Sound Mind
· Power is the spirit, God is Love, Christ is the truth and the truth renews our mind.
· Each of us were created as three dimensional beings
- strength power, ability
- inherent power, power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature, or which a person or thing exerts and puts forth
- power for performing miracles
- moral power and excellence of soul
- the power and influence which belong to riches and wealth
- power and resources arising from numbers
- power consisting in or resting upon armies, forces, hosts
Up to this point, we have looked at:
I pray for each of you to have an keep your peace so that you may live in the liberty Christ died and rose to afford us.
©Candace Huffmaster 2012, All Copy Rights Reserved
Kaleidoscope Butterfly, Inc™