April 30, 2012

Why Tell People The Truth?

How many times do we hear people say things such as: it's none of your business, keep your nose in your own business, I will just offend them if I don't agree with them, don't say anything if you can't say something nice...... This list goes on and on doesn't it.

As a society it appears that to stick our heads in the sand or allow people to run off the end of a cliff without warning them is the "kind" thing to do.  The truth is, it is the most comfortable thing to do.  None of us like confrontation, especially when we know the mindset of those we are compelled to speak the truth to.  We are constantly judged and judging the intents of others, instead of listening to what people have to say and thinking that they might have a selfless motive. 

God gave us the perfect reason to step out and speak up in Ezekiel 3: 18-21:

"Suppose I tell you that wicked people will surely die, but you don't warn them or speak out so that they can change their wicked ways in order to save their lives.  Then these wicked people will die because of their sin, but I will hold you responsible for their deaths.  But suppose you warn the wicked people, and they don't turn from their wicked ways.  Then they will die because of their sin, but you will save yourself.  If righteous people turn from living the right way and do wrong, I will make them stumble, and they will die.  If you don't warn them, they will die because of their sin, and the right things they did will not be remembered.  I will hold you responsible for their deaths.  But if you warn righteous people not to sin, and they don't sin, they will certainly live because they listened to the warning.  You will save yourself."

Keep in mind that this was spoken to Ezekiel - God appointed him to be a Watchman over Israel. He told Ezekiel to tell them: 

Change the way you think and act.  Turn away from all the rebellious things that you have done so that you will not fall into sin.  Stop all the rebellious things that you are doing.  Get yourselves new hearts and new spirits.  Why do you want to die, nation of Israel?  I don't want anyone to die, declares the Almighty Lord.  CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK AND ACT!
If we are called to carry on the mission of Christ, isn't that the same ministry?  Where we are in Marks storyline of Jesus' journey in spreading the Gospel is prior to His resurrection.  The indwelling of the spirit by believers has not happened yet.

As I read on about Jarius' daughters death and how Christ went with him to heal her, is when I recalled Ezekiel journey.  When Jesus arrived at their home, there was a large group of people carrying on about his child's death.  Jesus asked them, "why are you carrying on so, she isn't dead, but asleep?"  I assume the reason they laughed at Him was lack of belief. 

Jesus made all of them go outside, only her parents, His 3 disciples and himself entered where the girl was.  Jesus took her hand and said, "Little girl, I'm telling you to get up!"  (Talitha Koum!) And she got up and started walking at once.  Entering now was my memory of "The Valley of Dry Bones".

Ezekiel 37: 1-4, 11-14

The power of the Lord came over me.  The Lord brought me out by his Spirit and put me down in the middle of a valley.  The valley was filled with bones.  He led me all around them.  I saw that there were very many bones at the bottom of the valley, and they were very dry.  Then he asked me, " Son of man, can these bones live?"  I answered, "Only you know, Almighty Lord."  Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, Tell them Dry bones, listen to the word of the Lord.  This is what the Almighty Lord says to these bones:  I will cause breath to enter you, and you will live.  I will put ligaments on you,k place muscles on you, and cover you with skin.  I will put breath in you, and you will live - Then you will know that I am the Lord. 
The Lord also said to me, "Son of man, all the people of Israel are like these bones.  The people say, Our bones are dry, and our hope has vanished.  We are completely destroyed.  So prophesy.  Tell them, "This is what the Almighty Lord says:  My people, I will open your graves and take you out of them.  I will bring you to Israel.  Then , my people, you will know that I am the Lord, because I will open your graves and bring you out of your graves.  I will put my Spirit in you, and you will live. I will place you in your own land.  Then you will know that I the Lord, have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord."

Of course this triggered thoughts about the forming of mankind ( which we covered in the opening study of God's Story Being Told ), God called the dry land earth, God said the heavens and the earth will pass away but His word will not pass away and many other verses. 

What about you?  What comes to mind when you read all this?  Remember, you are part of His story being told.  Why don't you write a bit more of it today by journaling, to Him, some of your thoughts.  See what He tells you, then share it ....in faith of His faithfulness.

All for His glory and name sake,
Kisses,
Candace

©Candace Huffmaster 2012, All Copyrights Reserved
Kaleidoscope Butterfly, Inc™


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.