March 19, 2012

Marks Chapter in God's Story Being Told

My gratitude to each of you who shared your story with us last week.  It is always makes me smile to know I am not the only "character" God created :)

As I promised, we are going to look at God's storyline through the eyes of others while we merge our own for confirmation of His presence.  That is all our witness is for ya know - proof that He is real and cares deeply, honestly and passionately for us in order that we might all live freely forever.  What a perfect eternity that will be, don't you agree?

When I desire to read the view points of a gospel, keeping the focus on everyday life, I usually remember Mark.  With that in mind, Mark is where I started our journey to increase our understanding.  Mark decided his storyline would open with acknowledging the Good News by referencing Isaiah the prophet.  It was as if he wanted to know that without Isaiah lighting the pathway for him, he would not have been able to light it further for us.  We now are to light up to where our presence ends and pass our torch onto the sprinter up ahead of us; and so on and so forth.

As Mark was speaking about John the Baptizer and recanting the details of Jesus' baptism, I started thinking.  While the baptism in water is wonderful we know the might comes from the baptism of the Spirit.  The deed which we do publicly is an honor and glory to God due to our faithful witness.  But the profession of Spirit is displayed among people as we witness to attest to his power. The water is a witness for people to view, the transformation is the Spirits witness of Christ in us bringing Glory to our Creator and awareness of the relationship between our Father and His son.

The first time I recall reading about the heavens splitting open was in Mark as Christ came up out of the water and the Spirit descending as a dove upon Christ.  I love the imagery of that scene.  I wish I could have witnessed the voice of God speaking from the heavens to say, "You are My Son, whom I love and I am pleased with you!

I know that one day I will hear God say that to Christ.  It will be the day that every knee bends and head bows down to join in this acclamation.  Christ so deserves it.  And you know what, God loves you and I that much.  He would  not have allowed Christ to demonstrate His love like this if it were not so.

I have come to believe what I heard Him say one day:  If it is so, so it is, whether it is spoken by man or not.  As for me, I am going to speak it.  Christ wasn't ashamed of my sin, how dare I be ashamed of His goodness and God's love for us all.  As Peter stated, "May it NEVER be!"

With Love from and through Him to you all ~
Kisses,
Candace

©Candace Huffmaster 2012, All Copyrights Reserved
Kaleidoscope Butterfly™

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.