The Lord said to Abram," Leave your land, your relatives, and your father's home. Go to the land that I will show you."
Last week we were speaking of "where your confidence comes from". We were basing our discussing on view points and perspectives. We asked the question : How much faith did Abram have to have to leave EVERYTHING of comfort based on a blind promise that the Lord would "show him" where he was taking him. He didn't give him the road map, He simply said: GO, LEAVE everybody and everything. We will be detailing this topic over the next few weeks.
Weeks ago we started with the gallery in our minds; how we are the curator in charge of this gallery. We have been discussing the quality of work you give wall space to. As well as how other artist steal wall space by either taking down our works or overpowering our work with their own creative expressions. As curator, remember, you are the authority with ALL rights to remove the lesser quality works, because it is your opinions which govern the allotment of space and recognition.
We left each day with the challenge to think on things: holy, lovely and pure; to choose to speak realistically about an obstacle but to set our focus and exert our energies on the pieces which propel a process of moving toward perfection. We know we are not to strive for perfection, but to find liberty and freedom from fear of failure through the process of BEING perfected as we come to discern who we were Divinely created to be within His plans for creation.
Lastly, we asked this question: Where does my confidence come from? We reflected again on Abram. We read the proverbs regarding what is best for us to put our confidence in, as well as what we are lovingly warned against putting our confidence in.
We also read over a few quotes, which I ask you to reflect on again, in preparation of next weeks challenging decorum of the mind efforts:
- Pablo: "I can throw open to you no picture-gallery but your own soul, " he tells the suffering protagonist Harry; "All I can give you is the opportunity, the impulse, the key. I help you to make your own world visible. That is All." ~ Der Steppenwolf, Magic Theatre
- Those who do not have power over the story that dominates their lives, the power to retell it, rethink it, deconstruct it, joke about it, and change it as times change, truly are powerless, because they cannot think new thoughts. ~ Salman Rushdie
- Help them see a picture and they can walk into a new world ~ Candace Huffmaster
- If you tell me, it's an essay. If you show me, it's a story. ~ Barbara Greene
- Every great story teller knows how to spin a tale, because he sees down the road. ~ Candace Huffmaster
This song goes on to melodiously talk about a song being written for you ~ and all the things you do; how you were simply skin and bone and this "someone" turned into something beautiful ~ and how he loves you so ~ to know he loves you so ~ how this Love caused the person to swim across, draw a line and bleed himself dry. He said it was true.
So next time you look up and see those yellow stars, think about this love for you. BE filled with awe, for He calls you His delight! Isn't that a Divine picture? Hang it UP, call it a masterpiece....YOUR face is His focal point ~ and today I say your are beautiful!!
With such love for you all,
© 2012 All Rights Reserved
Kaleidoscope Butterfly, Inc™