May 18, 2011

Are you Going for the Ask or the Rip Cord?

Good Morning  - You all asked me to find the entry about the parachute, so here it is!  It fits in nicely with where we closed out in Deeply.  It also is a wonderful perspective for walking into Honestly.  I have not been able to locate the one about "standing in the right place".  We will use this one for expounding on ASK.

Today all we are going to do is define ASK and allow you to write about YOUR rip cord experiences...isn't that going to be FUN (dont' think I don't see you all rolling your eyes at me - ha ha)
Just give it a shot......lean into the free fall....it'll all be GREAT! Not I, but HE promises.
We know that God said, "My people perish for lack of knowledge".  We also know that the holy spirit is here to enlighten us on all things that we ask for enlightenment on.  So let's be sure we know what that means:
In the Greek - aiteo generally means to ask, beg, call for , crave, desire, require.  It is not a root word however, where it is derived from is uncertain.  However when we compare it to another Greek word which has similar usage - punthanomai - we can see that it is more rigid than to imply questioning;  it is a demand for something due. 
This is one reason we must be cautious when we state we will do something.  We are accountable to come through when it is called upon to do so.  We must be clear when we have doubts as to our ability to come through.....we are accountable to God first and second to man. 
We discussed free will and coercion a few weeks ago.  It is wrong to use the whole - how to get others to do what you want and like it philosophy that is promoted in sales, management etc these days.  So if you attempt to bully people "Stop It".  It's wrong!  (I am telling myself that as well...just so ya know) 
I pray we all get REAL honest with ourselves.  It will help us LOVE loving others - and enjoy relationships with God first, others second.....and yes, ourselves last.  Within righteous boundaries - we're getting there!
Kisses,
Candace


Journal entry for Sept 8th 2008
Matthew 11:25-30
Specifically 29 and 30 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble  in heart and you shall find rest for your souls for my yoke is easy and My load is light.

Today I was speaking with a friend and I told her that all I knew was that I was doing my best everyday with diligence and faith.  I knew that God knew my needs on the horizon and I could focus on my needs or embrace the day.  God has said that he has plans for us; plan for us to prosper not plans for our destruction.  We are here to fight the good fights of each day and when we have done all to do that to rest in our confidence in Him.  He told us to have faith and to lay things at His feet.  To pick up His yoke and follow Him because His yoke is light and He goes before us in All things to show us the way.  I said that is all I have.  She said well honey that is all you need. 
I told my friend it was as if each day I strap on my parachute of faith in God through Christ and JUMP.  At first I am enjoying the free fall and enjoying the view but then I see the ground and I panic. I pull the rip cord as I focus on the ground and start saying “come on,  come on, release already”  then impatiently I question can’t you see the ground  Come on Already I am going to be dust in a minute” 
I start focusing on how unable I am to do anything about the situation and lose sight of How Able my God is and how much He simply wants me to enjoy every second of the free fall and trust Him.
That is how He does it and That is just the way I fall.
I am going to finish this free fall so that God is glorified and I can thank Him for such a Rush.
Tomorrow I am going to hold onto this whole experience, so that I enjoy it from jump to landing.
In Christ, with His love
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.