August 2, 2011

Don't Rescue Me from THAT!

Psalms 31:1,2, 19-24  Your kindness is so great! You reserve it for those who fear you. Adam's descendants watch as you show it to those[For the choir director; a psalm by David.] I have taken refuge in you, O LORD. Never let me be put to shame. Save me because of your righteousness. Turn your ear toward me. Rescue me quickly. Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me.

Your kindness is so great! You reserve it for those who fear you. Adam's descendants watch as you show it to those who take refuge in you. You hide them in the secret place of your presence from those who scheme against them. You keep them in a shelter, safe from quarrelsome tongues. Thank the LORD! He has shown me the miracle of his mercy in a city under attack. When I was panic-stricken, I said, "I have been cut off from your sight." But you heard my pleas for mercy when I cried out to you for help. Love the LORD, all you godly ones! The LORD protects faithful people, but he pays back in full those who act arrogantly. Be strong, all who wait with hope for the LORD, and let your heart be courageous.

As I am growing in my experiential knowledge of reality, I am always amazed at how little on what I thought to be real was even real.  Yet if you had asked me in the past I would have make definite claims of my certainty.  It is mind boggling! 

So much of God's word is directed to understanding all this.  However, we must live a conscious existence in order to perceive it.  When did we, as a society decide it was alright to blame everything on our subconscious ways?  What has happened to accountability?  And I do not mean finger pointing piety, I mean loving, encouraging wisdom as protection from what would be done out of ignorance.  As a gross generalization I see us all taking a step back in our compassion as we allow others to "live and learn".  How cold and callous we have become.  What if God were like that?  He would be no different than man.  We do not want a God like that so we create a God that allows us to do what ever we want to do in ignorance and wallow in the blood of Christ to try and ease the grieving spirit within us. 

We are made in God's image, we were created to care, give aid, take the steps when rejected to keep caring and to speak up even when we know it is going to be met with strife and hostility.  AND then we are supposed to keep praying for the complete power of God to never give up on them, to press around them and whisper sweet truths till they can't live separated from Him any longer. 

We do not rescue them but when God desires to utilize us, equip us to physically get involved whether it be showing them snares up ahead, exposing false imaginations or simply extending peace, love and charity isn't it the least we can do.  After all He allowed us to reject Him, beat him, spit on him, kill him and then he went to hell and back for us.  And we think we've been through a lot!

I have a favor to ask of you -even if just for the next few minutes you just sit with Christ and tell him how much you love him and how sorry you are for taking him for granite at times - for minimizing what he went through for you / us.  Then just be in his presence with no expectations.  Simply allow him to have a couple of seconds with you to enjoy all he gave up so that he could be with you today.

In love with you all - through Christ,
Kisses,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.