February 8, 2011

The Hope In Us All

With our salvation comes true hope. It is in us all the time. We just have to grab onto it and never release it.  Our hope is really more of an understanding of a wish.  I believe that is the reason the messenger of the church in Laodicea in Revelation states: I know what you have done, that you are neither cold nor hot.  I wish you were cold or hot.  But since you are lukewarm and not hot or cold, I'm going to spit you out of my mouth.  You say, I'm rich, I'm wealthy.  I don't need anything.  Yet, you do not realize that you are miserable, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked.  I advise you: Buy gold purified in fire from me so that you may be rich.  Buy white clothes from me.  Wear them so that you may keep your shameful, naked body from showing.  Buy ointment to put on your eyes so that you may see.  I correct and discipline everyone I love.  Take this seriously, and change the way you think and act.  Look, I'm standing at the door and knocking.  If anyone listens to my voice and opens the door, I'll come in and we'll eat together.  I will allow everyone who wins the victory to sit with me on my throne, as I have won the victory and have sat down with my Father on his throne.  Let the person who has ears listen to what the Spirit says to the churches."  

Yet when we are pressed to make a choice - to stand firmly and the pressure is on, we open up the flood gates to the rivers of ambiguous voices.  The next thing you know we are neither hot not cold.  So I ask us all, is there ANY ground on which we stand that we will be committed to standing one the waves of misconception have rolled back behind the flood gates?

Think back about all our conversations on "The Beginning".  Remember when we were discussing God creating light so we could see in the darkness?  He did that so we could see.  He is the light, the truth and the way.  He said He is deliberately right here to show us the way out.  His whole motivation is Love.

He loves us deeply and wishes to show us the way to the brightness life has to offer. It is a small opening at times when we have gotten so wedged into difficult situations. But his light is so intense, making it very easy to stay focused on. He is there gently encouraging us as he let’s us know we are not alone saying “ Can’t you see the light around the way to go: I make it a very clear pathway.” “There are no obstructions anymore”.

What is so perplexing is that God doesn't change our circumstances usually, he changes the way we see them.  Then we have to trust Him while we make our way out.  He is doing this to train us how "not" to be overwhelmed by diversity. We actually get to the point where we don't need to fight useless battles. His peace allows us the strength, courage, mercy and grace to walk around or away from it.

When we are in conflict with others along our path, we must remember we are not responsible for them only to them. Christ is responsible FOR them. We all must be at peace with others only as far as it depends on us. So Today, let's just focus on Hope......and having resolve in the reason for our Hope.

In Christ - I lift us up so that He may be magnified,
Kisses,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.