December 18, 2010

Taking One For The Team

We jokingly state that there are the teams of “Yours”, “Mine” an”Theirs”, “Us” and “Them”.  But the reality is there are only two teams:  “All His” and “Those Not Wanting To Be On His”. 

The difference between these two teams is those of us on “All His” are not interested in taking anything from “Those Not Wanting To Be On His”.  We are looking for every opportunity to give to them or into their lives.  Or at least that is what we should be doing. 

Just yesterday some of the women and I were talking about this very subject.  If the thief comes to kill, steal, and destroy he can only be successful if we want to hold onto something.  Our life cannot be taken if we are willing to give it up.  That’s one for “All His” team.  Nothing can be stolen from us if we are willing to give what we have to another; another for “All His”.  What can destroy the power of this….? Nothing! 

In John 5:30 Christ said:I can do nothing on My own initiative As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.  

Then later in John 10:10 is where Christ stated the statement about the thief which he concluded with “I came that they may have life and have it abundantly”.

I like what the message translation for understanding this”

1 Timothy 2:3-5 (The Message)

Simple Faith and Plain Truth
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business of living simply, in humble contemplation. This is the way our Savior God wants us to live.

4-7He wants not only us but everyone saved, you know, everyone to get to know the truth we've learned: that there's one God and only one, and one Priest-Mediator between God and us—Jesus, who offered himself in exchange for everyone held captive by sin, to set them all free. Eventually the news is going to get out. This and this only has been my appointed work: getting this news to those who have never heard of God, and explaining how it works by simple faith and plain truth.

I pray that we keep our team goal in check so that we can stay in play and not be benched.   He wants all, every one.. even those thinking they are wanted by a team to be alive and well beyond this life we see.  And I know that the power that raised Christ to HIs eternal place and gave Him the wisdom to encourage us that we would do even greater things than Him will teach, guide and grow us in all ways,

With Christ love covering us all,

Candace

Today I will close with Os Hillmans devotion to bring it close and personal. 

 

Betrayals
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 1 by Os Hillman

If an enemy were insulting me, I could endure it; if a foe were raising himself against me, I could hide from him. But it is you, a man like myself, my companion, my close friend. - Psalm 55:12-13


"You will always be attacked in the place of your inheritance," said the man sitting across the breakfast table. "God has called you to bring people together and to impact other people's lives as a result of this anointing in your life. You must make sure that you seek to maintain righteousness in all of your relationships." Those words came from someone who had the wisdom and authority to speak them to me.


I have had a number of close relationships that ended in betrayal. I am very loyal to my friends and those with whom I have covenant relationships. Yet there are times that no matter how righteous you are, when someone means to betray you, he will do it. Loving those who betray you is "graduate-level Christianity." The religious community and one of His closest friends betrayed Jesus. Those who were closest to David betrayed him. Joseph's own family betrayed him. Loving our enemies cannot be accomplished by mustering it up. It can only happen when we have come to a death in ourselves so that Christ can love through us. It is truly one of those acts of identifying with the cross.
If you are a leader, you can be sure God will allow you to experience betrayal. It is one of those courses in the Kingdom that may not be required until God has seen that you have successfully passed other tests. It is the most difficult and most gut wrenching of all tests. A godly response goes against all that is in us. Our natural response is to protect, retaliate, and retain unforgiveness and bitterness. Our natural response is satan's most powerful weapon; to overcome it requires much grace from God. Ask God to build His nature in you now so that when such attacks come, you will be aware that it is a test and you will respond in righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.