September 6, 2010

.....But God Has A Better Plan

John 10:10 (GWT) A thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. But I came so that my sheep will have life and so that they will have everything they need.

Job chapter 1 Satan comes along with the sons of God to stand in from of the Lord. I noticed that God did not start in with his conversations with His sons until Satan was gone. He addressed Satan directly asking Him where He came from. Satan replied that he had come from wandering all over the earth. I remembered the verses in Luke 11:24-26 where it states:
 “When an evil spirit comes out of a person, it goes through dry places looking for a place to rest. But it doesn’t find any. Then it says, ‘I’ll go back to the home I left.’ When it comes, it finds the house swept clean and in order. Then the spirit goes and brings along seven other spirits more evil than itself. They enter and take up permanent residence there. In the end the condition of that person is worse than it was before.”

I went back and read Job this morning. It is no coincidence that 4 messengers brought the news of destruction to Job and 3 friends came to torment him through his suffering. That adds up to 7. God addressed Satans wandering and asked him if he had considered Job. Satan tried to tempt God to removed His hedge of protection. However God cannot be tempted and He replied to Satan that everything Job had was already within Satans power to take “if it was allowed”. So Satan set out with a vengeance to prove his power. God knew that Job was going to be going through his 7th refinement and come out better than he started.

All this ties back into the first doubt we are about to enter into in our walk through God’s story being told. What if, when we are faced with a doubt we stop and remember we already asked God for a hedge of protection. What if we “believe” that He is faithful to us. What if we choose to live by this faith in Him and not by the sights or words being flung toward us. What if we used our mouths to speak up and defend God’s honor, instead of Satans frail attempt to blaspheme Gods character?

So many questions, but remember as I heard God whisper one time...
“the sojourn is the answer….the question an endless plight”.
Today be still and remember He is God. I pray that we speak His peace and cause the chaos to be still. We have been given authority as the sons of God. What will you do with yours today.

With the love of Christ for all of you….my family in Him.

Candace


John 10:34-38


Jesus said to them, “Don’t your Scriptures say, ‘I said, “You are gods”’? 35 The Scriptures cannot be discredited. So if God calls people gods (and they are the people to whom he gave the Scriptures), 36 why do you say that I’m dishonoring God because I said, ‘I’m the Son of God’? God set me apart for this holy purpose and has sent me into the world. 37 If I’m not doing the things my Father does, don’t believe me. 38 But if I’m doing those things and you refuse to believe me, then at least believe the things that I’m doing. Then you will know and recognize that the Father is in me and that I am in the Father.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.