June 13, 2010

At the Crossroads...are you looking both ways??

Jeremaiah 6


Stand at the crossroads and look.Ask which paths are the old, reliable paths.Ask which way leads to blessings.Live that way, and find a resting place for yourselves.But you said that you wouldn’t live that way.

God told the people "I posted watchmen over you. Pay attention to the sound of the ram’s horn. But you said that you wouldn’t pay attention. Listen, you nations, and learn, you witnesses, what will happen to them. Listen, earth! I’m going to bring disaster on these people. It is the result of their own plots,
because they won’t pay attention to my words. They reject my teachings."

He then went on to ask them: "Whom can I speak to? Whom can I give a warning to? Who will listen?

He rebuked them and said "Their ears are plugged, and they aren’t able to pay attention. When the LORD speaks his word to them, they show contempt for it and object to it.

He warned them and said "I am filled with the anger of the LORD. I am tired of holding it in."

Can we really be so arrogant as to think God is not the same yesterday, today and tomorrow?  He is still telling us this same message.  For anyone that knows he can speak to us, who is hearing his warning, who is listening 24/7 and their spirit in unity with the Lords heart is grieveing, this is what the Lord is saying - we continue in Jeremiah 7:1-11

The LORD spoke his word to Jeremiah. He said, “Stand at the gate of the LORD’s house, and announce from there this message: ‘Listen to the word of the LORD, all you people of Judah who go through these gates to worship the LORD. This is what the LORD of Armies, the God of Israel, says: Change the way you live and act, and I will let you live in this place. Do not trust the words of this saying, “This is the LORD’s temple, the LORD’s temple, the LORD’s temple!” It’s a lie. “ ‘Suppose you really change the way you live and act and you really treat each other fairly. Suppose you do not oppress foreigners, orphans, and widows, or kill anyone in this place. And suppose you do not follow other gods that lead you to your own destruction. Then I will let you live in this place, in the land that I gave permanently to your ancestors long ago.  ‘You are trusting the words of a saying. It’s a lie that cannot help you. You steal, murder, commit adultery, lie when you take oaths, burn incense as an offering to Baal, and run after other gods that you do not know. Then you stand in my presence in the house that is called by my name. You think that you’re safe to do all these disgusting things. The house that is called by my name has become a gathering place for thieves. I have seen what you are doing,’ ” declares the LORD.


Now to take this back to the beginning  - Genesis I leave you with Isaiah story...just a chapter in God's Story Being Told:

Isaiah 45:19 I have not spoken in secret,In some dark land;I did not say to the offspring of Jacob,Seek Me in a waste place';I, the LORD, speak righteousness, Declaring things that are upright.


Your story is in the Book too.....will it be a story of light or dark?

As Christ pleaded: I lay before you life and death....please choose life....Please!

With the Love of Christ - Selah
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.