April 26, 2010

Seeking Serenity

Continuing on with what we see, today we are focusing on seeking. Yesterday we spoke about seeking first the Kingdom of God and allowing Him to add everything else we need into our lives.

If we ever forget what we are to be seeking, there is a very simple and straightforward way to bring it back to the plumb line. Look at the spelling of the work seeking. If you really look at the spelling you will never have to ask again. S E E K I N G....SEE KING. All we have to do is keep our eyes on the KING.

God has said to people throughout history if you have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying we should listen while it is still called today. I don't know about you, but I think this shows how much He cares. He gives us the free will to choose if we want to hear, listen, look and see.

Revelation 1:7(GWTN) states Look! He is coming in the clouds. Every eye will see him, even those who pierced him. Every tribe on earth will mourn because of him. This is true. Amen

Christ told his disciples this in Matthew 13 :13-17 (GWTN)

"Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 "In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says, `YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND; YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE; FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL, WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR, AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES, OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES, HEAR WITH THEIR EARS, AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN, AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.' "But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. "For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

Today I am leaving you with this poem. It states what our prayer is in the closing lines.

Be well my friends and family, in Christ,
Candace



Seeking Serenity


I blank my mind to peer into yours,
Seeking serenity, believing in truth.
My faith is boundless, only through you
My mere words will perish; yours will stand true.

Through patience and stillness, calmness will flow.
Seeking so feverishly, desiring you as my strength,
In search of a purpose, but who is ever pleased?
Perfection they ask; perfect for whom?
This world is unpleased, damning and lost.
Feeling not good enough, I’m broken to my knees.

Crying, I whisper, “What’s it all for?”
Questions keep flooding, ‘til I hear myself scream,
“God, please, if you’re out there,
Please listen, I’m on my knees!”
Answers, I need answers,
I don’t know where to go…
To people who are ignorant of things they claimed to know?
What will I do? I feel hopeless… unloved.
I am so sick and lonely, weighed down with despair,
In silence, I’m sobbing, there are no words left.

My heart is still pumping,
How? I do not know.
It’s hurting and empty, shouldn’t it quit?
Sheer exhaustion and no power, I murmur, God take me now.
I know I’ve never said it, but I realize you are here.
No one else is with me… you’re the only thing left.
I remember your son Jesus; when his life was at stake,
So I know you can help me, quickly take me away.

My breath is now shallow and I’m half expecting my last.
Would he answer? I was waiting,
In fear holding onto what air was left,
Releasing simultaneously moaning… Jesus, listen to me!
If you’re out there then speak for me.
They will surely listen to the words you have to say,
It is my voice that has no volume,
Isn’t that the reason they can’t hear?

Child, I am here with you; just as you knew and believed,
Waiting for you to ask me to care for all your life,
This was your final lesson, you believed... but mostly your thoughts
Now, all is forgotten so your mind has been transformed
You can now release the burdens, live your life refreshed and free.
When you speak you now have volume, our prayer is for them to receive.

By Candace Huffmaster ©

A Universe of Humanity
 by David C McCasland  ,Our Daily Bread Devotional

During the 1920s and 30s, photographer August Sander set out to portray a cross-section of German society. Through his lens he saw factory workers and financiers, actresses and housewives, Nazis and Jews. Even though his published collection contains only people in and around his hometown of Cologne, he captured what David Propson, writing in The Wall Street Journal, called “a universe of humanity in his restricted sphere.”

That phrase strikes me as an apt description of our lives and the people we meet day by day. Wherever we live, we cross paths with people from many backgrounds and beliefs.

For years, the apostle Paul traveled and preached before being imprisoned in Rome. There he continued to touch people with the gospel because he cared about them and wanted them to know Jesus Christ. The book of Acts concludes with Paul confined in Rome, living under guard in a rented house, where he “received all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ” (Acts 28:30-31).
Instead of focusing on his restrictions, Paul saw opportunities. That’s the key for us as well. There is a universe of humanity within our reach today.

You are called with a holy calling
The light of the world to be,
To lift up the lamp of the gospel
That others the light may see. —Anon.

The gospel is a priceless gift that’s offered free to everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.