August 13, 2011

When The Works Won't Come

I know that all of us have been struggling, specifically for the past few weeks.  I have been diligently trying to be still and allow God to be God.  Even that has been trying for me.  Forgive me for the silence as far as devotions are concerned.  I simply have not been able to pull my thoughts together - even now I am using one from October 08 to give me strength at this time. 
I pray that it encourages all of us to pray for others and love them - as we allow ourselves time out of love for ourselves.  When we do this we are showing God how much we love Him.  After all He is within each of us so when we love each other we are simply loving Him - but do not be fooled, when we do not love others we are not loving God.  This cannot be truth if it does not work the same both ways.
I love each of you and pray that you feel His loving arms safeguarding you as you rest in sweet slumber.
Kisses,
Candace
__________________________________________________________________________________
From Joyce Meyer devotional ‘starting you day right”
Romans 2:7 ampl
To those who by patient persistence in well-doing (springing from piety)seek (unseen but sure) glory and honor and (the eternal blessedness of) immorality, He will give eternal life.

In Proverbs, Wisdom says: “Blessed (happy fortunate and to be envied) is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors” (8:34)  Many people seem to jump from one thing to another, when what they need is wisdom and consistency.  It is important to keep on keeping on – doing what you know is right, even if you are the only one doing it.  God is on your side (see Romans 8:31) and He has already written the end of the Book.  Those who obey Him will win.

When I was studying this today, I remembered the verse 2 Corinthians 4:8-18
 we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So death works in us, but life in you. But having the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, "I  BELIEVED, THEREFORE I SPOKE," we also believe, therefore we also speak, knowing that He who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and will present us with you. For all things are for your sakes, so that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God. Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

I was reminded, as I am daily that this life is about seeing with Gods eyes.  Witnessing to His goodness, giving glory to His righteousness and living throughout all this journey with faithfulness to His protection and love which covers the multitude of our sins. 
Each day brings its own troubles – this is true and we were told this in advance.  God is so loving that He did not want us to be deceived.  He is truthful, honest, loving.  But the rest of the story is this:
He told us there would be days like this, days in which we did not understand, would feel over taken, scared, fearful and broken but He did not stop there He finished strong with this: But take courage I have overcome the world
Read it in the full context – It is our buoy in the storm.  Praise God
John 16:28-33
 "I came forth from the Father and have come into the world; I am leaving the world again and going to the Father." His disciples said, "Lo, now You are speaking plainly and are not using a figure of speech. "Now we know that You know all things, and have no need for anyone to question You; by this we believe that You came from God." Jesus answered them, "Do you now believe?  "Behold, an hour is coming, and has already come, for you to be scattered, each to his own home, and to leave Me alone; and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.