May 5, 2011

I Don't Allow My Heart to be Troubled...it Just Happens!

John 14:1- 6 (NAS) "Let not your heart be troubled:  believe in God, Believe also in Me."  "In my Fathers house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, you may be also.  And you know the way where I am going."  Thomas said to Him, "Lord we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" Jesus said to Him, "I am the way and the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

We know that God's word promises that we are told everything in advace in order to not fear.  We also know that we are promised that we do not have a high priest that cannot understand everything that we have been through personally from his own experience.  This is our hope and our confidence which we are warned not to throw away or cast away.  I thank God for Thomas.  No one else asked the embarrasing questions that I need the answers to.  If it were not for his boldness to just put it out there and trust that Christ would not shame him publicly I would be......we'll let's just say in a tough spot for answers in my impatience =D

But as He promised he had already walked this out and witnessed publically to it in John 12.  In John 14 He is simply showing them how to use the knowledge in real life situations.  Let's gleen from that!

John 12: 23-36 (NAS)  and Jesus answered them, saying, " The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.  Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains by itself alone; but it dies it bears much fruit.  He who loves his life loses it; and he who hates his life in this world shall keep it to life eternal.  If anyone serves Me, let himfollow Me; and where I am, there shall my servant also be; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.  Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, Father, save Me from "this hour"????? (emphasis mine) "But for this purpose I came to this hour.  "Father glorify thy name," There came therefore a voice out of heaven:  I have both glorified it and will glorify it again."  The multitude therefore, who stood by and heard it, were saying that it had thundered others were saying "An angel has spoken to Him."  Jesus answered and said,  " This voice has not come for My sake, but for your sakes.  "Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world shall be cast out.  And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."
We will be discussing this as well as the questions from this week in all the tomorrow in group - next week for the other groups and bi-weekly groups the following week.

Also we will be referencing information discussed and the post from 2/19/2011 title:  We Can't be Free Till we Allow Him to Rise.

I pray that your faith not fail you and ask that you pray to not enter into temptation.  I also pray that you go forward with Christ through His trials keeping your peace and firmly rooted trusting His love for you / us always.  For perfect Love cast out fear. And the one that fears is not perfected in Love:  think about it, write about it, pray about it and share!

Kisses
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.