January 30, 2011

Prayer In Pros - Conversations With My Dad


photo by Dan Heller / http://www.danheller.com/

Faith in the Unseen

To My Lord, I lift my heart to thee,
My full face I raise; your eyes to see.
Shine your sun upon my cheeks,
Moist and dew drenched in your grace.

Speak, oh Spirit, of Him divine,
From the depths of my heart, now so entwined.
Worship my Father with your words of life,
Bringing me higher into His presence so pure.

His wings will lift me, into His embrace
To gently protect me from any harmful place.

He pulls me closer to hear my song,
The melody He planted before my time.

He has taught me the verse word by word,
Increased my joy, to raise up my voice.
The energy released, shakes the tambourines,
All to raise praise, on this heavenly plain.

My day I offer as a pure sacrifice,
I lay myself low to honor your grace.
Lift up yourself as you rain down your love,
Dwell  in our presence to increase our faith.

"Faith in the unseen, the knowledge of God",
The wisdom of discernment and your undying love.
I love you my Father, my companion, closest friend,
Share the experience, bring me me closer to you still,

How far is far? It is out of this place...
And Home is the depth of your sweet embrace.

Listen, I will tell you of what is to come,
Flowers and sunshine, the sweet smell of grace....
The light brighter than sunshine, the dew upon your face;
My glory is present both in this time and then
your sight will change as the time draws to an end.

Mourning is different in the time to come,
the mercy not needed so all day you will be strong.

Love will wrap laughter, so pure and true.
Joy will run deep - flow out; sorrow gone...
Our days of mourning will pass as yesterdays
and the rain of our tears will wash them away.

They forget I am crying, watching all in pain,
I too am ready for this to all pass away.

It is not as I intended, I created you to Love,
I too am reaching out, without them to hold.
We all share this experience and the pain that runs deep.
No one is isolated from the grief and the pain.

We all are one in all that we share.
That is why there is need to forgive each and all,
Run to the embrace when the arms desire to warm.
Protect your heart by turning to me,
The world will just crush you, if you do not bend your knee.

Today if they hear me I will send the band,
Keep going they're out there; you get there first.
Then when the band comes, they'll know it is their time,
Come in and join us to celebrate with song,
Completing the harmony their part in it all.

Candace Huffmaster,
©2006 all rights reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.