September 10, 2010

Pray With My Spirit, Also Pray With My Mind

"So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind." 1 Corinthians 14:15

Unlike with Adam and Eve, God does not walk into our midst to have a conversation with us.  Yet are we supposed to believe that He gave us the gift of the spirit to counsel us and He is a mute?  Sure we have the bible but the spirit is supposed to explain the mysteries to us.  How could that be if we can't hear Him? 

Click on the TGIF tab at the top of the site and read an experience Os Hillman's friend had as he was about to argue a court case.

One thing I know, people do not believe without see someone living out "true faith in God".  We have to be told in advance.....and then experience it.  Look at these verses from Acts 1 where Christ told the disciples to wait for what God had promised. 

Jesus told them, “You don’t need to know about times or periods that the Father has determined by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes to you. Then you will be my witnesses to testify about me in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”  After he had said this, he was taken to heaven. A cloud hid him so that they could no longer see him.


I pray that today you remember a promise of God and then keep your eyes peeled for it to show up...it will you know!   

With the Love of Christ,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.