July 8, 2010

Wait For It.....Wait For It....

The Freedom of Wait
Oil Painting by Candace Huffmaster

Psalms 56:5
"All day long they twist my words and trouble my affairs; all their thoughts are against me for evil and my hurt."

When I think of the Psalms and how "human" they are, I cannot help but see my own face reflecting back at me in the many moments of mere humanity.  How can we do anything but fall on our knees and thank God that we are blessed to be able to live beyond the Psalms.  How fortunate are we to be able to lay the weight of our "humanness" at the feet of the cross, to wait expectantly for the Holy Spirit that has settled down right within us to comfort, teach, lead, empower and show us the way out.  There are days when I see the world from such a selfish view of how everyone is picking on me, but then I hear the Holy Spirit whisper "but you know the truth and the truth has set you free- choose life and love them ....for ME."  Selah (pause and calmly think of that)

While my computer has been down, I have had the time to read over some older notes.  Pray over where God has something to say and read some of the books that I have not had the opportunity to immerse myself in. 

Needless to say, I have had some very vulnerable points during the past month and up to this time.  Even though I was aware of the spiritual battle in and around me, there have been confusing crossroads at many points.  This is when I have to stop, pull close to God and ask for the ancient path so that I may truly hear and see the way that gives rest to my soul.

One of the things I know, is that the spirit of Jezebel is alive and devouring many individuals who are unaware. We will get to this tomorrow.  What I want to focus on today is the "Patience of Wait" and the "Freedom of Wait".  Just as God's word is active / alive, so are we even as we wait on Him.  Waiting is a growth process....when we allow it to be completed in us.  I learned something about this as I was waiting on my computer to be restored.  Maybe someday I will put this whole learning experience to paper.  But for now I wanted to bring up this older lesson:

At what point do we take action?
 - reflect on the poem Proper Perspective by the Waters Edge in the archives.

Do we wait to find out if God has anointed us? 

Do we wait on the Lord or just strike out on our way without consulting Him…assuming?


In John 8:3-11 the scripture is relaying the story of people who knew God’s word. They were correct in what they said. Look at the way Jesus handled this situation. The men came in loaded with scripture. THEN they asked Jesus ‘what do you say”. No doubt, Christ could see the position of their heart. They were throwing the words at him…..desiring to trap Him. They had already trapped the woman; they were self righteous, leaning on their own understanding.

How many times do we logically recant facts, fit them to with memories to back up our emotions and then come into the presence of an individual poised upright and throw?

Look at the position that Jesus took. He ducked! He restrained emotions. He let it fly right over him.

He did not cower in defeat, he gave moment to the situation. He gave them time to do the same thing. They used their moments to persist in throwing vocabulary at the situation.

Then Jesus stood up, he was not controlled by their words or gestures. He was not provoked to retaliate. He simply spoke the truth.

Let’s compare Jesus’ choice of truth’s to the leaders.

They both were stating true facts.

“Teacher this woman has been caught in adultery, in the very act. Now in the law of Moses it states to stone such women. “

“He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.”

They were stating Moses scripture, from God

Leviticus 20:10 If there is a man who commits adultery with another man's wife, one who commits adultery with his friend's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Deuteronomy 22:22 If a man is found lying with a married woman, then both of them shall die, the man who lay with the woman, and the woman; thus you shall purge the evil from Israel.

Jesus was did not deny what they said he confirmed his purpose by God (have someone find these verses Matthew 5:17, John 15:25, Galatians 6:2)

Matthew 7:12 So then, whatever you desire that others would do to and for you, even so do also to and for them, for this is (sums up) the Law and the Prophets.

• 2 Samuel 12:5 Then David's anger burned greatly against the man, and he said to Nathan, "As the LORD lives, surely the man who has done this (A)deserves to die.

• 6"He must make restitution for the lamb (B)fourfold, because he did this thing and had no compassion."

• 7Nathan then said to David, "(C)You are the man! Thus says the LORD God of Israel, '(D)It is I who anointed you king over Israel and it is I who delivered you from the hand of Saul.



What is the position of your "self" taking?  Remember when God was speaking to Cain he asked him "why is your countenance down"   What is your stance on waiting for God - Do you fell empowered at the thought of this? Or do you feel weak?  Reflect on what God said in Ezekiel:

Ezekiel 22:30 (the message)

I looked for someone to stand up for me against all this, to repair the defenses of the city, to take a stand for me and stand in the gap to protect this land so that I would not have to destroy it. I couldn’t find anyone. Not one. So I’ll empty out my wrath on them, burn them to a crisp with my hot anger, serve them with the consequences of all they’ve done. Decree of God “the Master”.

Let us be the one that when He calls, He will find us speaking up and waiting for Him at our watchpost!

With the incredible, unstoppable and merciful love of our Christ,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.