July 24, 2011

That is Just the Beginning!

Jeremiah 15:19
..............They for their part may turn to you, But as for you, you must not turn to them.

Job and his friends speak a great deal in reference to the fear of the Lord.  I am not suggesting that all they do is from the view point of Bruce Almighty where he stated "Smite me, oh mighty smiter" but I do not hear an awful lot of peace running rampant around the land of Uz; do you?

In Psalms 111:10 the writer puts it like this:
The fear of the Lord is the "beginning of wisdom"; a good understanding have those who do (His commandments); His praise endures forever!

Friday in group we discussed the weight this battle was having on Job.  We also discussed his admission that he knew his words were not grounded in diplomacy, logic, peace, gentleness of spirit or stability.  However we could understand how the great obstacles, loss, neglect of compassion, isolation and much more were causing him grief.  As well as our unbelief that anyone "claiming" to be a friend could assault him when in such a vulnerable position - this is not only inhumane -  it is beyond inconceivable- it is unconscionable.

God created us with an emotional range to help us navigate through troubles waters as well as good times with a consciousness to propel us into goodness and away from evil.  But look at how abruptly, relentlessly these attacks were spiraling inward upon this God loving, unsuspecting man. It makes me squirmy just empathizing with him.  Honestly, I do not know that I would not have cried "UNCLE" by this point.  Kudos to Job!

Now we see that even though he doesn't necessarily have all his ducks, in a row as far as understanding, he is getting past the beginning and still standing.  That my friends is progress.  He is coming to see the surrounding elements with some clarity. 

1. He realizes some how a poisonous arrow tore through his tender flesh.
2. He sees the poison is effecting his spirit.
3. He feels the reality of the spiritual battle fiercely assaulting him.
4. The "brothers" act deceitfully by not bringing true help to him in his time of need.

He still, however, puts his fate into the hands of God trusting in His goodness without fear.  Job knows he has not denied the words of God. But knowing he is no match for the strength of God he is overwhelmed as he tries to understand how he will not be totally defeated - since he is still assuming this array is from the same God he trusts.  He is perplexed and dismayed realizing that these friends are erroneous; they are more of a milestone around his neck that a life preserver.

Job is not alone, all things are common to man.  Just so you know not only Job  is recorded as experiencing this.  I thought we might glean some strength from another persons perplexity (other than Christ himself), Jeremiah hit this wall too.

Jeremiah 15:15-21 (NAS) You who know, O LORD, Remember me, take notice of me,
And take vengeance for me on my persecutors. Do not, in view of Your patience, take me away;
Know that for Your sake I endure reproach. Your words were found and I ate them, And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts.  I did not sit in the circle of merrymakers, Nor did I exult. Because of Your hand upon me I sat alone, For You filled me with indignation.  Why has my pain been perpetual And my wound incurable, refusing to be healed? Will You indeed be to me like a deceptive stream With water that is unreliable?
God answered Jeremiah quickly:
“If you return, then I will restore you— Before Me you will stand; And if you extract the precious from the worthless, You will become My spokesman. They for their part may turn to you, But as for you, you must not turn to them. “Then I will make you to this people a fortified wall of bronze; And though they fight against you, They will not prevail over you; For I am with you to save you And deliver you,” declares the LORD.  “So I will deliver you from the hand of the wicked, And I will redeem you from the grasp of the violent.”
We are stopping here for today, I ask each of you to be bold in your faith, cling to Him that is holding you near and dear, pray for those who are supposed to be turning to you so that we, through Him, may save the precious soul of a child adored by our Lord God Almighty. 

But Remember, do not turn to chase after them - God is clear; They, must turn and make the bold steps to walk into peace, harmony and unity of true light themselves.  Together let's call their names in hope that Today they will not harden their hearts as in the past so that they may have rest for their souls. 

............for this is His good, pleasing and perfect will on such a fine day as this.
In the Heart of Christ,
Kisses,
Candace



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.