March 22, 2011

"Your Place or Mine?"

Just to be clear -I am make most of my observations and discernment based on how unlovely I can be at times.  I say this because I would never want anyone to think I am pointing a finger toward them.  I have enough material of tripping, falling and flying to be an unquenchable source of what NOT to do.  Thank God He  continues to grow me into useful what TO do materials as well.  But that is not of me - I am and will always be the what NOT to do without His "extra" on my ordinary.  And yes, that is the reason for my extraordinary hope, faith and perseverance of all things.

But down to business now:
We have been speaking about getting alone with our thoughts.  But not in the same old way.  Instead of being isolated from insight we are trying to be still in His presence with our thoughts.  If Satan comes to divide and separate, he has a reason.  The reason is we alone cannot find wisdom.  We use the same information as before but try to find enlightenment.  How many of us can admit that unless we add a new ingredient you cannot get a new recipe.  So again, we will only be making the same ole' recipe for disaster if we don't spice it up.

What spices do you choose?  Think over the season-ings of your life.  Did you add some tips from the top chef?  Did you invite him into your kitchen so you could stay in control or did you request to have an opportunity to observe, take notes and learn from the best in his Rock Star culinary kitchen???  Just some things to thing about.

I ask these silly questions to get us focused on this: 

Do you usually expect God to sit around and wait for you to be ready to speak with Him, or do you Go to Him, laying down your scheduling demands to be available for Him? 
Why do we expect God to jump because "we are too busy" to fit Him in?  Did you know that God is a jealous God and sometimes He says "you will speak and I will not hear"  "You will no longer hear my voice"  "You will request and receive not".  These were real people that He loved, cared about, cared for.  He cried out I long to gather you as a hen gathers its chicks under wing, but you refused.

Today I pray that we not refuse Him.  I am posting Oz Hillmans devotion to reflect on.  An art work "In His Presence" and you can go into the archives for the poetry "His Shadow" or "In His Presence" to reflect on .

God bless you all,
Kisses,
Candace

 










David's Source of Direction
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 1 by Os Hillman
Tuesday, March 22 2011

"Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul." - Psalm 143:8

David is the only person in the Bible whom God describes as a man after His own heart. Despite David's many setbacks he continually sought to know and do God's will in his life. Like many of us, his will got in the way of a sinless life.

In the morning hour, David sought to hear from God. I can imagine David sitting on the open deck of his palace looking over the hills of Jerusalem, listening to God. There, in his morning watch, he felt God's unfailing love. He reaffirmed his trust in God. He also understood that the key to knowing God's will lay in spending such moments alone to reflect on what God had done and was doing in his life.

"Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; may Your good Spirit lead me on level ground" (Psalm 143:10).

Sometimes we fall prey to believing that God is not concerned, and that He does not lead us in our work life. We are tempted to think that He leads us in other areas, but not in our daily workplace. The truth is that God is in every aspect of life and desires to direct us.

Do you need direction in your life today? If so, David provides the best example of gaining direction. Set aside the morning hour to draw close to His presence. There, you will sense His unfailing love for you. His direction for your life will be a natural by-product of this time of communion with Him. Ask God to lead you by His Spirit today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.