February 9, 2011

We Need The Corrective Lense of Hope

When we have appropriate focus we can see clearly.  What we should be envisioning is the journey of life. Our life is about living, not just staying alive. We start our living with our very first breath, however living begins with Christ.
 
As a Christian we talk about dying and life all the time.  But today I want to focus on the deeper issue.  The death Christ speaks of is about living  - right here, right now - Eternally. This life is not the destination it is the starting point.
 
If we do not die while we are alive we will never achieve Zoe life. It is a very scary thing to me when I think of people and how hopeless I feel when they do not see the truth. The reason is because I am only responsible to people, not for them. I can show them toward Christ, but the rest is up to them. Do you ever feel like you hear the cry of the lost? It is a wounded sound. It is haunting? Once you hear it you will never be able to forget it? At least I hope you won’t. This is why we must KNOW the reason for our hope. We must always remember the reason we have been given much.  We must remember how lost we were, and how He showed us the way out….many times. And many more in the future I am sure.


I found one of my first journal where I know that God was helping me understand what we are talking about - I'll share:

Good Morning Dad -
 “I am feeling overwhelmed with so much to accomplish and where do I get started?”

-“It began a long time ago. It is not all up to you, you are but a part and you are doing well.”

Ok  -So again I ask, why do I feel I am waiting for an answer before I do whatever it is I am to do?”

“I think you want me to give you a copy of the road map…. and I do…. Daily. That is all you need; otherwise you will forget to look to me… daily. I don’t want to lose you again.”
So ……with hope, I pray we let our bright lights shine, I pray that we are that intense light of Christ for them to follow. Let’s show them things of beauty that they do not see in their dark worlds. Let’s look beyond the surface, find the child there which is scared and in need of who we know that gives us courage and strength. Let’s remember when we were without hope, and never forget that without those before us who led us to Christ we too would have remained hopeless.

With the Love of Christ,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.