January 13, 2011

Yes; Don't You?

I wish I could tell you exactly how many times people ask me, "Do you really hear God's voice?" or "Do you really think God talks to people?".  This topic never came up in conversations till about 10 years ago to my recollection.  When it did I didn't really know how exactly what I believed.  I trusted that God did at one time speak to people.  After all we have it printed. 

The funny thing is, it was not until I started sitting and talking to Him; recording my conversations with Him, that I actually even noticed He was talking to me.  So now when people ask me, "Do you really think God talks to people?"  I reply "Yes; don't you?". 

I pray that if you cannot be sure you will give Him the opportunity to speak into your life.  He is willing and does - sometimes we just drown Him out or don't know it's Him.

With Love,
Candace

Finding The Will Of GodTGIF Today God Is First Volume 1 by Os Hillman

I desire to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart. - Psalm 40:8
How would you describe the process by which you find and do God's will in your life? For some, finding God's will is like playing bumper cars. We keep going in one direction until we bump into an obstacle, turn, and go in another direction. It is a constant process of elimination, failure, or success. Is this the way God would have us find His will? No. There is much more relationship between hearing God's voice and living within the mystery of His omnipotence in our lives. Perhaps this process is more like water in a streambed. The water is constantly flowing to a final destination. As it presses against the streambed, it gently points the water toward its final destination. There are no abrupt head-on collisions, simply slight modifications of direction. Occasionally, we come to a sharp turn in the contours of our life. For those times, God allows us to stretch our normal response to change. A popular Bible study says that we cannot go with God and stay where we are. Finding and doing God's will always require change. What changes are necessary in your life to join God in what He is already doing?

There is a direct connection between finding and doing God's will and having God's law in our heart. A friend once complained that he did not know what God wanted of him in his life. My immediate response was, "How much time do you spend with God in Bible study, prayer, and meditation on Scripture?" "Only a few minutes a day," he replied. How can we expect to hear and discern God's voice if we don't spend focused time with Him? If you have a spouse, how did you get to know him or her before you were married? You spent time together. You got to know everything about each other. Our walk with God is no different. It isn't enough to have a desire to follow God; we must put our energy into getting to know Him. His will for us flows out of our relationship, it is not an end in itself. Commit yourself to seeking Him more in your life by spending more time with Him. "Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" (Jer. 33:3).

2 comments:

  1. Yes, He talks to me all the time. I'm not always listening though. When I do, He has really good advice and tells me how much He loves me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your conversations with our Dad Cindy. Hopefully we can get more or our sisters and brothers talking about theirs too.

    Love hearing from you!
    Candace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.