January 17, 2011

What Do You Want From Me!

I have been prayerfully working on several things for our devotions this week.  However, that is not what is up here today.  It seems that I am going in a different direction - so forgive me as I publicly think through it all.

This is a combination of things my prayer in pros - scripture and as always some rambling thoughts that are not definitive in any way.  I hope that some of you will use what God is speaking to you and share it here so that He has a larger voice to our large audience. 

I am thankful that we are many - united in and under Him.
Kisses,
Candace

Journal entry January 14, 2011

We are His canvas: His story on stage
He is before them creating the details day by day
As they spectate the wonders of His skill
They see His mastery of creative design
Working on each as His story evolves
He puts no less care into one than the next
Each illustrating a pivotal piece
Of His love,and mercy which is just when it defeats
Now in view before them
They may see all things clear
Do they fall to their knees?
Do they not even think twice?
Does the Spirit have room to move within that full house?

These are my questions from here on the stage
As I stand in my place watching His immense grace
I am happy to be here, allowing Him to use me
To create just what is needed
For He knows what they will see

When I was writing this I was thinking about how God uses us like we use our canvas, books, live conversations etc.  We are truly implements of creative display - only alive.  We speak of how artist work "speak" to us.  But do we ever think about the fact that each of us are that painting or written composition that sits around day after day - week after week getting tweaked. 

I read a couple of Psalms that I am placing between these thoughts. I was reading it after I journaled this morning.  I believe they will add much detail from the mind and heart of God and yet another work of art He created many years ago:

Psalm 40 - For the choir director; a psalm byDavid.

I waited patiently for the Lord.
   He turned to me and heard my cry for help.
   He pulled me out of a horrible pit,
         out of the mud and clay.
   He set my feet on a rock
          and made my steps secure.
   He placed a new song in my mouth,
         a song of praise to our God.
            Many will see this and worship.
            They will trust the Lord.
Blessed is the person
       who places his confidence in the Lord
            and does not rely on arrogant people
               or those who follow lies.
You have done many miraculous things, O Lord my God.
You have made many wonderful plans for us.
          No one compares to you!
I will tell others about your miracles,
     which are more than I can count
You were not pleased with sacrifices and offerings.
You have dug out two ears for me.
You did not ask for burnt offerings or sacrifices for sin.
    Then I said, "I have come!
       (it is written about me in the scroll of the book)
      I am happy to do your will, O my God."
Your teachings are deep within me.
I will announce the good news of righteousness
     among those assembled for worship.
             I will not close my lips.
               You know that, O Lord.
I have not buried your righteousness deep i my heart.
I have been outspoken about your faithfulness and your salvation
       from those assembled for worship.
Do not withold your compassion from me, O Lord.
May your mercy and your truth always protect me.
    Countless evils have surrounded me.
               My sins have caught up with me so that I can no longer see.
                        They outnumber the hairs on my head.
                               I have lost heart.
O Lord, please rescue me!
Come quickly to help me, O Lord!
Let all those who seek to end my life
  be confused and put to shame.
Let those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!
  be stunned by their own shame.
Let all who seek you rejoice and be glad because of you.
Let those who love your salvation continually say,
   "The Lord is great!"
But I am oppressed and needy.
May the Lord think of me.
   You are my help and my savior.
    O my God, do not delay!


We all know how loved David was by God and look at his great out pouring.  Even in his great need he was still praying for others while he was praying for help for himself. 

These are all our stories; these are the days of our life.  We are one with the Father; through the Son we are bound in this abode.  Let us listen to what He is saying, let us fold in to what daily unfolds.

Prayer in Pros
January 17, 2011

Good Moring Dad-
Here I am facing toward you
Asking for the ancient path so that all will be well with my soul.

All I am askin
all is what I need
all that flows from your hand
to paint a full picture of me

Tell me how to use it
Tell me what to believe
Your spirit spreads within me
to enlighten my simple mind
He charges into the darkness
pumping life from my once fractured heart
He fills my mind with the memories
Of all that was - with knowledge of what will forever be

Explain to me in your wise counsel
use the pieces of what I understand
Bridge the lack and the weakness
To tranform the things I can see
into the brillance of your enlightenment
Into the realms of the unknown
Beyond what mere man can teach me
Beyond what our understanding, alone, can know

I thank you, my Father and redeemer
I humbly lay myself low
My request although it is simple
Is all together the most I can ask
To know you as I believe you
To see the truth in your light
To live in peace with all people
To fight only the good fight througout this life.

In Christ we are free Indeed -
For us all I pray,
Candace   
      
If you get a chance you should read psalm 49 - the last stanza is this "Mortals, with what they treasure, still don't have understanding.  They are like animals that die." (GWT - as was the previous psalm)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.