December 1, 2010

There Are Reasons For Times And Seasons

 

Jeremiah 6:16-17This is what the Lord says: Stand at the crossroads and look.
   Ask which paths are the old, reliable paths. Ask which way leads to blessings.
      Live that way, and find a resting place for yourselves. But you said that you wouldn’t live that way. I posted watchmen over you. Pay attention to the sound of the ram’s horn. But you said that you wouldn’t pay attention.

Jeremiah 30:18-23“This is what the Lord says: I’m going to bring the captives back to Jacob’s tents  and show compassion on their homes. Cities will be built on the ruins, and fortified palaces will be built in their rightful place. The people who live there will sing songs of praise, and the sound of laughter will be heard from there. I’ll make them numerous, and their number won’t decrease. I’ll bring them honor, and they won’t be considered unimportant.Their children will be like they were long ago. Their community will be established in my presence, and I will punish everyone who oppresses them. Their leader will be someone from their own people. Their ruler will come from among them. I’ll bring him near, and he will come close to me. Who would dare to come near me?” asks the Lord. You will be my people, and I will be your God. The storm of the Lord will come with his anger.  Like a driving wind, it will swirl down on the heads of the wicked.T he Lord’s burning anger will not turn back until he has done everything he intends to do. In the last days you will understand this clearly.

I have read these verses many times.  The first time was during study for a gallery exhibit I was painting.  Being only the second painting I had ever attempted I was trusting God implicitly to show up in thought and ability to communicate His hearts desire.  Now here, years later, I can see the journey that I have been on more clearly.  The scriptures I read were etched in my heart and mind.  I desired to “stand at the crossroads and look around me at the situations at hand.  I chose to lay my ideas and perceptions down for His counsel to guide me so that I see the best path.  Each time I have chosen to do this I have found rest for my soul as well as a strengthened faith and trust to do it the next time and the next time. 

Jeremiah 29:11-13 records God’s statement “I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope. Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. When you look for me, you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me…

Today I pray that we take time to know that God has a reason for the times we are going through and the seasons just as He did “back in the day”.  His plans are for our good, for completion of restoration.  Have faith…because He is faithful to complete his plans.  We simply have to show up and allow it to be done to us as He desires.

With Love, IN Christ,

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.