December 21, 2010

Thank God For The Memories!

 

Memories lead to joy when we think of the people along the highway of our lives whom at different points we were in agreement with. If only for short stretches there was camaraderie between us.

If your experiences are anything like mine, you have found that when you and your compadres get together there can be quite a bit of ambiguity. There have been times when memories are so far off that even the antagonist and protagonist have been altered.

In Philippians 1:3-7 Paul writes a letter to his comrades: I thank God for all the memories I have of you. Every time I pray for all of you, I do it with joy. I can do this because of the partnership we’ve had with you in the Good News from the first day, you believed until now. I’m convinced that God, who began this good work in you, will carry it through to completion on the day of Christ Jesus. You have a special place in my heart. So it’s right for me to think this way about all of you. All of you are my partners together we share God’s favor, whether I’m in prison or defending and confirming the truth of the Good News.

When agreement is in the Good News there will not be sorrow to follow. We will have hope due to God’s promises and His favor which as His body we share in. It IS good new indeed to know that God is growing us from glory to glory to glory since the day we were saved.

I will close today with Philippians 2:1-5 and a prayer that we pour our lives out as a part of the sacrifice and service we offer to God for each other’s faith – and that we be filled with joy and share it with each other so that we can be a wonderful witness of the living body of Christ.

(GWT) So then, as Christians, do you have any encouragement? Do you have any comfort from love? Do you have any spiritual relationships? Do you have any sympathy and compassion? Then fill me with joy by having the same attitude and the same love, living in harmony, and keeping on purpose in mind. Don’t act out of selfish ambition or be conceited. Instead, humbly think of others as being better than yourselves. Don’t be concerned only about your own interests, but also be concerned about the interests of others. Have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.

Amen,

Candace

Ps – Sorry if I ever acted like that to any of you. I hope you forgive me and give me a second shot as a character in your sequel =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.