November 1, 2010

What Should I Do?

Good November Morning to you my friends!

Are you all lovin' this crisp, cool day?  From the breath we breath to the crunch under our feet it is there...very invigerating, I think.

Anyway....As I finished reading Os Hillmans TGIF (today God is first) devotional this morning, I thought  back to the time when I was not close to our Lord as I am not.  I remember being a worldly planner.  I stressed, planned, asked EVERYONE what to do.  I was always so inundated with the out-to, should-do's that at the end of my desicions I was the example used for "coulda-shoulda-woulda". 

1 Corinthians 13:11-13 GWT) 11When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became an adult, I no longer used childish ways. 12Now we see a blurred image in a mirror. Then we will see very clearly. Now my knowledge is incomplete. Then I will have complete knowledge as God has complete knowledge of me. 13So these three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the best one of these is love.
This verse is the change that took place in me.  Even though it took place IN me, it was not OF me.  It was the marvelous workings of the trinity.  So now when I am making decisions they are based on the 3 things that remain in me - faith, hope and love.  When I can fight off my "self" and allow him to raise up and show me the way I will always make the "best" decision....because it will be the one of LOVE.

I pray that you see what Os has written, listen for the Spirit to speak to you and then do what you have been shown today.  Just enough for today is all we need for tomorrow has enough worries of it's own.

I thank Him for His mercy and grace for this day over all of us; with the Love of our Christ

Kisses,
Candace



Worldly Planning - By Os Hillman

"Or do I make my plans in a worldly manner so that in the same breath I say, 'Yes, yes' and 'No, no'?" 2 Corinthians 1:17

The apostle Paul was discussing his plans to come to the church at Corinth. He was acknowledging the serious nature of his trip and informing the Corinthians that he did not flippantly come to this decision to visit them. It was a matter that had been given serious prayer, not one made in the spur of the moment.

Planning from God's view is a process. It isn't merely an exercise in reason and analysis. It requires entering into the mind of Christ together with our minds to determine which course to take. In the Old Testament, the priests wore breastplates with the Urim and Thummim in a pouch on their breasts. It was like a roll of dice that the priests were required to perform to know which direction they were to take on a matter. It was the ultimate release of all decisions into God's hand. God did not want the priests to rely on their own intellects for final decisions.

We have an uncanny ability to make decisions based on our own needs and wants. However, God desires that we seek Him to know His plans for us. David was a skilled warrior who never lost a battle. He consulted God on every decision. He knew the results of the battle rested in God's hand. So, if he was to gain victory, he had to know God's mind on the matter. Sometimes this requires more time given to the process in order to hear His voice. Sometimes it may even require fasting and prayer. Sometimes it may require input from other godly friends.

Are you a man or woman who makes decisions based on God's purposes for your life? Do you take every major decision and put it before the throne to determine God's mind on the matter? If so, you will avoid making decisions in a worldly manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.