November 28, 2010

Thanks Giving

For the first time in many years I gave my attention to my husband, children, mom, dad, sister and brother-in-law without doing any work. 

I actually slept in and got some much needed rest, listened to the laughter, complaining, sarcasm, laughter and silence that was poured into our midst.  Even though the words listed above could be construed as offensive that was not the intent of anyone around me.  The laughter was rich the complaints were from burdens of life, the sarcasm was because we know each others idiosyncrasies and the laughter which followed was because it was true.  The silence was when we were comfortable within our family and basking in the community of others.

The moments that I am most thankful for were the multiple times we pulled each other in clasped hands, took pause of what we were able to experience and enjoy so that we could pour our heart, mind and voice out in unity for the family that was unable to be with us, for those fighting for our security and peace, for differences to no longer be a hindrance, for healing in lives and families.  We thanked God for his provision, for the nourishment of our lives.  We asked God to be with those less fortunate because we believe that He is the giver of our life.

I looked through old albums, we discussed some times, people and places from moments throughout our blessed life.  There are many elements which have affected who we are as a family. Whether we ever visit those places or people again each is still visible and their voices still are heard.  So I would like to take this moment to Give Thanks to anyone and everyone that has ever crossed our paths.  Even if the crossing was more of a collision at an intersection "it's  all good!"  I wish you the best, because there is nothing that has ever happened to me or us that has not made us more faithful people.  If we were the cause of any hurts I ask that you forgive; and that not for us but for  I choose to believe that people do not intend to cause others pain and that we have all grown and matured ....and I thank God that he is not finished with any of us yet.

Today my friends, live your life knowing that today is the gift....not tomorrow or yesterday. 
My love to all of you, in Christ,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.