May 9, 2010

Who's is My Mother?

Mark 3:35 (GWT) Whoever does the will of God is my brother, sister and mother.


On mother’s day I think first of all I need to say “happy mother’s day” to all the mom’s of the world. I want to ask you, whether you are male or female, who have you been a mother to? While biological mothers give physical birth any gender can be the spiritual mother. Just as Mary was the earthly carrier of Christ it was God and the Spirit who did the rest of the process. Who’s Mary are you?

God’s word explains many times the fact that we are born into death by our natural birth. But it in Romans it states: Don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? When we were baptized into his death, we were placed into the tomb with him. As Christ was brought back from death to life by the glorious power of the Father, so we, too, should live a new kind of life. If we've become united with him in a death like his, certainly we will also be united with him when we come back to life as he did. We know that the person we used to be was crucified with him to put an end to sin in our bodies.

I surely say all this with humility; after all I am a mother myself. The last thing I desire to think of is that I gave my children life only to die. But that is the truth, we all know it..from the first breath we take we are one step closer to taking our last. God gave us, through Him, a human life time to save their eternal life. He even tell us to keep our authority in check when he tells us “The person who loves his father or mother more than me does not deserve to be my disciple. The person who loves a son or daughter more than me does not deserve to be my disciple.”

I love being a mother, I love my mother, but even today as I celebrate this – I give thanks to God for knowing the truth and seek to give thank to many unmentioned mothers today.

Everything is from him and by him and for him. Glory belongs to him forever! Amen!

With Love,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.