May 13, 2010

Shifting Shadows..Are they real?

We are focusing on Shadows for the next few day.  Colossians 2:17 states:
"These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body that casts the shadow belongs to Christ."

There are so many avenues we can go in with this topic.  We spoke about who we are listening to.  Now I would like to broach the subject of accountability on our part.  We know that individuals have free will.  God chose this and said it was good.  So people have the right to do things their way and say what they desire to speak.  People do it all day long ....all the time.  We have to chose if we think it is truth or not.

There is a greek word Neoeo which means to perceive or observe. One of Kaleidoscope Butterfly's purpose statements is to give others the information needed to "have a conscious life, understanding words and giving proper knowledge to suspect, suppose, surmise with understanding". Listed below is a poem as well as scripture. Think on these things, we will start there tomorrow.

With a holy kiss, in Christ,
Candace


My Shadow

Let me write something pretty for you, Lord,
Let me raise my voice high.
Stir my spirit to praise you, glorifying my King.
The valley I did travel, the journey many years long,
At times I had no vision, the walls too close to see,
No feeling of compassion along my dusty road.
Hear this, my lonely traveler, My words shall persevere!
They are pounding on the pavement as feet running to be at your side.
Patience… please stop running; you are abandoning all your help!
My plan was set in motion when your first tear hit my hand.
I am your way, my sojourner; your road is up ahead.
Make plans after you’ve listened; not while you are trying to understand.
Willful dispositions, glide on the surface like glass,
The reflections are all around us; the image of each man.
My image is why you were created as my father said it was to be,
Mighty men with wasted power ‘til my reflection is what is seen.
Trials and tribulations focus the eyes to see,
Whose reflection is in the mirror?
Judging what is to be…
Focus placed on the superficial, mirrors life gone by,
In the valley of destruction, shadows still reflect
Until challenge breaks the mirror, casting fragments out of reach.
Moving forward now takes decisions,
The eye and mind unite within ,
The heart discerns the image…
Showing a reflection of the true man.
Look past the day you’re traveling,
To the hands holding back the storm,
No valley will overtake you,
No journey will be too long.
I am the Man, and you, my shadow,
I walk through the valley first,
I rose and now you’re with me,
No matter what we’re passing through.
I cast my shadow with purpose,
Made from blocking harsh light,
Harm can only come to the person,
I am that person, your Christ.
The reflection is not tangible, nor the shadow that has been set,
This is just as the spirit, transcendent of the flesh,
Reality is a lesson, the mind a tool to tame.
The learned are My inspiration… My leaders among all men.

By Candace Huffmaster ©

Psalms 103 (GWT)Praise the LORD, my soul! Praise his holy name, all that is within me. Praise the LORD, my soul, and never forget all the good he has done:

He is the one who forgives all your sins, the one who heals all your diseases, the one who rescues your life from the pit, the one who crowns you with mercy and compassion, the one who fills your life with blessings
so that you become young again like an eagle.

The LORD does what is right and fair for all who are oppressed. He let Moses know his ways. He let the Israelites know the things he had done. The LORD is compassionate, merciful, patient, and always ready to forgive.
He will not always accuse us of wrong or be angry {with us} forever. He has not treated us as we deserve for our sins or paid us back for our wrongs. As high as the heavens are above the earth— that is how vast his mercy is toward those who fear him. As far as the east is from the west— that is how far he has removed our rebellious acts from himself. As a father has compassion for his children, so the LORD has compassion for those who fear him. He certainly knows what we are made of. He bears in mind that we are dust. Human life is as short-lived as grass. It blossoms like a flower in the field. When the wind blows over the flower, it disappears, and there is no longer any sign of it. But from everlasting to everlasting, the LORD’s mercy is on those who fear him. His righteousness belongs to their children and grandchildren, to those who are faithful to his promise, to those who remember to follow his guiding principles. The LORD has set his throne in heaven. His kingdom rules everything.

Praise the LORD, all his angels, you mighty beings who carry out his orders and are ready to obey his spoken orders. Praise the LORD, all his armies,his servants who carry out his will. Praise the LORD, all his creatures in all the places of his empire. Praise the LORD, my soul!

Luke 1: 74-79 He promised to rescue us from our enemies' power so that we could serve him without fear by being holy and honorable as long as we live. "You, child, will be called a prophet of the Most High. You will go ahead of the Lord to prepare his way. You will make his people know that they can be saved through the forgiveness of their sins. A new day will dawn on us from above because our God is loving and merciful. He will give light to those who live in the dark and in death's shadow. He will guide us into the way of peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.