May 21, 2010

Before You......

There is a difference between having a conversation with God and debating with God...
Let's use an example of a parent and child to stress where we are going with this:
  Child, "Dad I need to talk with you.  I am thinking of moving to where the economy is a bit better and there are more jobs in my area of expertise."  "I know you have done this many times so I would like to know what you think; you know my skill set as well as this industry."
  Dad, "I thought you might be thinking of this so I looked around and a company told me they will be opening up a new location right here.  The merger should be finalized in a couple of weeks.  I planted the idea of you coming on board with the men I was speaking with. They are going to talk with the branch manager."  
 Child," Well I appreciate that Dad, however, I really think I just want a change of scenery." "I just want to move and think the closing of our location is the perfect opportunity." 
 Dad, "I know it seems like that son, however, I have been looking all around the US for other businesses that are stable enough for you to consider moving; as well as all the expenses that go in to that move."  "It just is not good timing, you will face undue hardship if you go now."  "Before you set your mind, please take the time to consider these things."

In our passages we have been looking at how the spirit of God goes before us.  We know that His word tells us to consult with Him in all our ways so that our spirit may prosper and our souls may find rest. 

Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb,I knew you.Before you were born,I set you apart for my holy purpose.I appointed you to be a prophet to the nations.”

Matthew 5:12 Rejoice and be glad because you have a great reward in heaven!The prophets who lived before you were persecuted in these ways.

Matthew 6:8 Don’t be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

God is working on something...something larger than we can wrap our human pixels of comprehension around.  There was much more I wanted to say today...but I hear Him saying Shhhh.  Be silent....Be still.

So...of course this made me remember  a time years ago when He said this to me.

I have no idea what it is ....but I know He does, I will go find it now.  Be Still and Know He is God - That is my prayer for us all today.....Back in a minute with the close of this post.....

Linger and Listen

Shhhhhh…
What a marvelous day, my love,
Feel the warmth of my love,
Rest in the fragrance that circles my home.

Linger…
Here at my side and partake
Of the gifts I so richly provide.
Your love for me grows as you trust in my ways.


Listen…
My love to my heart as it speaks,
To you my dear, longing to please me,
My love runs so deep; you can never run out.

Peace….
You partake and peace you release,
Because in you I do dwell,
Your light shines to all,
Whether it’s day bright or dark night.

Silence…
You hear when the voice is not true
And no memories do you now have.
Share in my delight of the spirit in flight.
By Candace Huffmaster ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.