February 17, 2010

He Sees the Diamond in the Rough, All We See is the Rough.

When we look behind us, do we focus on our mistakes or how God cleaned up our mess. How can we be a proper witness if all we see is how flawed we are.....we are supposed to be showing others how Great HE is!


I pray that we forgive others where they fall short, and that we not remember where we fall short, but remember how powerful God is to pick us up - virtually unscathed!

With Love, in Christ - Amen,
Candace


In The Car Wash
From Daily Bread rbc.org

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you. —Isaiah 43:2

I’ll never forget my first experience using an automatic car wash. Approaching it with the dread of going to the dentist, I pushed the money into the slot, nervously checked and rechecked my windows, eased the car up to the line, and waited. Powers beyond my control began moving my car forward as if on a conveyor belt. There I was, cocooned inside, when a thunderous rush of water, soap, and brushes hit my car from all directions. What if I get stuck in here or water crashes in? I thought irrationally. Suddenly the waters ceased. After a blow-dry, my car was propelled into the outside world again, clean and polished.

In the midst of all this, I remembered stormy times in my life when it seemed I was on a conveyor belt, a victim of forces beyond my control. “Car-wash experiences,” I now call them. I remembered that whenever I passed through deep waters my Redeemer had been with me, sheltering me against the rising tide (Isa. 43:2). When I came out on the other side, which I always did, I was able to say with joy and confidence, “He is a faithful God!”

Are you in the middle of a car-wash experience? Trust God to bring you through to the other side. You’ll then be a shining testimony of His keeping power. — Joanie Yoder

How wonderful to know that He
Who watches from above
Will always keep us sheltered in
His ever-present love! —King

A tunnel of testing can produce a shining testimony.
Reference Verses Isaiah 43:1-13 (God's Word Translation)
The LORD created Jacob and formed Israel. Now, this is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid, because I have reclaimed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. 2 When you go through the sea, I am with you. When you go through rivers, they will not sweep you away. When you walk through fire, you will not be burned, and the flames will not harm you. 3 I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Egypt is the ransom I exchanged for you. Sudan and Seba are the price I paid for you. 4 Since you are precious to me, you are honored and I love you. I will exchange others for you. Nations will be the price I pay for your life. 5 Do not be afraid, because I am with you. I will bring your descendants from the east and gather you from the west. 6 I will say to the north, "Give them up," and to the south, "Do not keep them." Bring my sons from far away and my daughters from the ends of the earth. 7 Bring everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made. 8 Bring the people who are blind but still have eyes, the people who are deaf but still have ears. 9 All nations have gathered together, and people have assembled. Who among them could have revealed this? Who among them could have foretold this to us? They should bring their witnesses to prove that they were right. Let the people hear them. Then they will say that it is true. 10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD. "I have chosen you as my servant so that you can know and believe in me and understand that I am the one [who did this]. No god was formed before me, and there will be none after me. 11 I alone am the LORD, and there is no savior except me. 12 I have revealed it to you, I have saved you, and I have announced it to you. There was no foreign [god] among you. You are my witnesses that I am God," declares the LORD. 13 "From the [first] day I was the one [who did this]. No one can rescue people from my power. When I do something, who can undo it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.